Sunday, September 21, 2008

Bubbles in Bed & Family

Today, Tyler came and got in our bed around 6 I think and went right back to sleep. I got up to tinkle at 7 and my husband was laying on his side nearly falling off the bed and Tyler was right up against him laying on his back taking up twice as much space as Ken. It was hillarious. Not long after that Tyler was awake and as on most Sunday's Ken got up with him.

I love my husband, but if he leaves the bedroom door open and the monitor on, it really doesn't matter that he got up with him or not! :) So, I layed there for a while and finally reached over to the monitor and turned if off. Just before 8 I hear little feet coming down the hall and the cutest little boy yelling "Mommies bubbles." Ken and Tyler were bringing me bubbles in bed. "Bubbles" is what Tyler has started calling waffles. I don't know where that came from but it just started in the last week or so.

That was a perfect start to a very special day, Dylan's 4th Angelversary. I eat my "bubbles" in bed and Ken takes Tyler to eat his in the kitchen. When I am finished, I go in the kitchen and just start bawling when I see Ken. I may be just a bit emotional today. Then Tyler who is very much a community crier (if one person cries, he cries too) starts crying and puts his head down on the table. It was the cutest thing.

We all go to church and of course I cried during one of the songs. It says "God will make a way, where there seems to be no way...." It talks about how God will get you through things no matter how difficult they may be. It is so true! Without God I know Ken and I would not still be together. It would have been so easy to give up and we would have become a statistic. Over 85% of marriages that loose a child end in divorce. Our preacher at the time of Dylan's death told us that and Ken and I immediately said we didn't want to be in the 85%.

After church, my sister Laurie had us over for lunch. It was quite a houseful. Laurie, my sister Sherri and her family (hubby Robert and my nieces Caroline and Grace), Mema (my mom) and MaAnn (my grandmother). It was delicous as it always is. Tyler was fine until it was naptime!

We came home and all took a nice Sunday afternoon nap. Tonight at church, Ken sang his first ever solo. It was Chris Rice's "Come To Jesus." It was a very fitting song. Talks about the stages of life and when we take our last breathe, we "Go to Jesus and Live."

I know Dylan is in Heaven and I know I will see him again one day. I don't know what he will look like, but I know I will recognize him.

God does work in mysterious ways and I am thankful for the 13 weeks we did get with Dylan. I am thankful for my family and friends. I am also thankful for Tyler. I am thankful that through God I had the courage to have another baby. I am thankful for all of the silly, side-ways looks I get from Tyler and even all the times he tells me no!

Now, all you parents - go give your children and extra hug and kiss and tell them you love them every chance you get!

Wow, this blog is some good therapy!

No comments: