Saturday, November 12, 2011

Lots of Changes Coming

For those of you that may not have heard yet...We are moving!

Ken got a great promotion at work. He is now the Pit Foreman at the Foutain Quarry in Fountain, NC. He's still with Martin Marietta.  For those of you not familiar with Easter North Carolina, Fountain is a itsy, bitsy town west of Greenville, NC. We weren't planning on moivng, but since we have to, we picked Wilson, NC for our new home.  Greenville is nice but it's just big and crazy these days and 25 minutes or so west of Wilson is my twin, Gina so Wilson it is!

Ken started in mid-October and is commuting.  Our house is up for sale so if you know anyone looking for a house in Jacksonville, NC let me know!  Our next obstacle was my job situation.  We have to be relocated by Feb.  I would like for us all to move at the same time, but I don't want to leave my current job at Dixon High School.  So we've done a lot of praying.  Well, we started doing that well before Ken said yes to the job offer.

I interviewed on Halloween at Hunt High School in Wilson and they called me the next day to offer me the job!  I still have to be board approved which is a technicality.  My first day is Feb. 1 and my last day at DHS is Jan. 20, the last day of the semester.  I'll be starting at Hunt 2 weeks after their semester starts, but I have to wait on the person I am replacing to retire.  Her last day is Jan. 31. 

So, Ken has a job, I have a job, our house is on the market.  The only thing left is find a new home!  Guess we better get started on that!  :)

No comments: