Sunday, August 30, 2009

Lots more stuff going on!

Yes, I know I am slack on updating things, but what can I say - I have been busy adjusting to life with two babies at home! Joshua has been a GREAT baby!!! He's been sleeping through the night since he was 3 weeks old. Earlier this week, he slept 12 hours straight. Now if only I could sleep that long. Tyler has become my problem sleeper. A lot of that has to do with him missing Daddy. Now that we are all back to school and work, he only sees Ken on the weekends.

I fortunately am no longer in grad school!!!! I finished my degree in May 2009. I did not go to the graduation ceremony though. I kinda wish I had, but it was at 8pm in Greenville and I was 3 weeks from my due date! But I can now say I am a master educator. My degree is a Masters of Arts in Education and my concentration was Business Education. I have already received my new license and submitted it to Personnell and I can't wait to get my raise. It's not that much, but every little bit helps.

Ken took the summer off from Coastal Carolina CC so he would be around more to help with the baby. He is still working nights and goes to class during the day. He is taking three classes this semester: accounting, math and a literature course. He goes 11am - 1pm daily and then stays on campus to do homework before he goes to work in New Bern. Maybe he'll be finished by the time he is 60! :)

This summer Nathan was here for 5 weeks. He came on June 27th and we went straight to VA to see Ken's family. They got to meet their newest grandson for the first time. We were there for a couple of days and of course they loved meeting Joshua! Tyler loved Grandma's pool the best! It was good to see Brendan who is now living with Ken's parents. He is able to help Fran with Raymond. Raymond had several strokes in late Jan. and isn't able to walk more then a few steps. He has been on a feeding tube since, but he is now able to eat pureed food. He has the feeding tube for a back up and to take his medicines. He is doing much better then he was in Jan. but he still has a long road ahead of him. His speech is slurred and he is hard to understand, but that too is improving. The look on his face when he saw Joshua the first time was priceless!! That was something we weren't sure would happen after his inital strokes, but we are certainly glad he was able to come home and has made it this far.

Back to Nathan now. He stayed with Fran and Raymond the remainder of the first week here. Then we went to Topsail Beach with my family for the 4th of July weekend. I feel like we didn't get to do much with Nathan like we normally do because of the new baby and not going anywhere big. But he said he had a good time here. Ken and him went to Carowinds just the two of them one weekend. He loved that of course. Tyler didn't though! He kept asking where Nathan and Ken were. Nathan was a great help keeing Tyler entertained for me while I adjusted to a new baby again. He has a younger sister and brother at his mom's house so he's used to little ones around.

I went back to work on Aug. 17th. I hated leaving Joshua (and Tyler too) but I know he is in good hands! Mrs. Lynn is keeping him until my mom retires on Oct. 1 WOO HOO!!!!! Mema will keep him after that. Tyler will continue to go to New Beginnings. He needs to structure. He is all boy! Workdays were fine. Lots of meetings as usual. Open House was on the 18th. That was good. I met lots of parents that seem truly interested in their children. Sometimes I wonder if there are any parents out there like that! It was nice to see some this year. I have a LOT of freshmen so I am still working on learning all of their names. The first week (only 4 days) actually went really well. I am teaching Computer Applications I, Sports & Entertainment Marketing I and Marketing. Next semester I have 3 new classes: Two I have never taught before (Principles of Business and Personal Finance and Sports & Entertainment Marketing II) and one that has a completely new curriculum (Computer Applications II) so next semester is going to be hectic to say the least.

I was asked this week to be one of the Senior Class Advisors. I said yes. I am also still the advisor for NHS, ACE and Pep Club. So I stay rather busy, but at least I don't also have to do work for grad school!!!

As is the life of a teacher, I must get to work on grading some papers now. We had a busy weekend of birthday parties so I haven't done anything for next week yet. Oh well! Family is more important, hands down!

No comments: